Epson error message 0x97 appears up on the screen whenever there is a problem with the hardware. Updates to the firmware will not fix the 0x97 issue. The printer could print a couple of pages after the update, and then it may eject blank pages and flashes the error. Several Epson printer models are recognized to be equipped with this error code 0x97. Error 0x97 mainly occurs most often on Epson the XP-830 model, Epson wf-4630, Epson WF-7610, Epson Wf-3640 and wf-3620 models.
What causes an Epson printer error code 0x97?
When the motherboard or the internal hardware malfunctions, the error code is usually shown in the printing process. A sudden power cut-off or freezing is the most frequent symptom of this error code 0x97.
- Sometimes, the issue of connection is the reason for the printer issue. A damaged or defective cable port can cause this issue often.
- The presence of dust, solid particles or dirt in this printer’s head could further explain this issue.
- A faulty Epson driver or a faulty firmware can trigger this worrying issue.
Repair Epson Model XP-830 Error code 0x97
Follow the suggestions to fix your issue. Epson error code, 0x97 off your device.
Connect and disconnect the printer
- Remove the cables from the Epson printer, as well as connect the USB driver that is linked to your Epson printer.
- Remove all the parts from the cartridges for printing.
- Press the power down and then discharge any remaining energy remaining in the printer.
- Then, plug in all the cables and wires along with the remaining USB peripherals.
- Then, install then the Printer ink cartridges, then switch off the Epson printer.
- Then, place the A4-sized papers into your system’s tray and verify whether the Epson printer error code 0x97 shows up on the screen or is not.
Connect the printer using the Advanced Mode
- Turn off your Epson printer and remove all cables from the device.
- Unplug the USB peripherals once you have unplugged them.
- Then, ensure that the printer cools down and press Press Power for about a time.
- Then, connect the power cable and press the button for one more second.
- After that, you can release the power button and check whether or not the error code associated with the error code of 0x97 is displayed on the device’s monitor.
Clean the blocked printer nozzle to repair Epson Error Code 0x97.
- Shut off your Epson printer, and then disconnect its power outlet and the Computer.
- Open the lid and cover of the printer correctly. Please pick up a cotton ball or a soft fabric and wet it using Ammonia-based solutions.
- The cotton ball should be folded to be placed under the printer’s header. Leave it there for between 10 and 12 hours.
- Take the cloth off the printer after about 11-12 hours. Then shut off the printer.
- Once you’re done, attempt to print by placing the paper into the system tray. Check whether the Epson errors code has been solved in any way or not.
Run Printer Troubleshooter
- Get the Windows Printer Troubleshooter program from the Epson official website.
- Save the folder you downloaded to the desktop.
- Double-tap the folder, then select the executable file from the resulting window.
- Use this program correctly and then identify the printer’s internal problem.
- After that, restart the Computer and the Epson printer successfully. Then, determine if the Epson error is still present or not.
Update Epson Drivers
- Enter “device mgr” in the search box, then launch the Device Manager Window by hitting the Enter button.
- Select the Printers option and then expand the menu in the window that appears.
- Please choose the suitable Epson Printer Model you currently use and click on it with a right-click.
- Select the Update Driver option on the pop-up menu. Then confirm the update by tapping”YES.
- It takes some time to complete the upgrade process and then reboot the device to normal mode.
Update the printer’s firmware
- Install the Epson Firmware using the most recent version and install it correctly.
- Input the Printer IP on the Printer Embedded Web server page and connect to the Internet.
- Then, open the Settings app and select the option to upgrade firmware.
- Click on the Browse button and choose the most suitable version of firmware that is compatible with the Epson printer. Be aware that the extension for the firmware update file should have the extension “.fls “.
- Click on the Submit button and then wait several minutes for the process of updating firmware.
- After that then, try taking an image and text regardless to determine if the Epson printer issue is resolved and if it is not.
Epson Verification Patch for 0x97 Other Methods Downloading the fix patch for 0x97 will also fix the issue 0x97.
First, download (0x97) Repair Patch.
Click on the “Scan” button to start the scan.
After that, click “Fix.’
Also Read: Custom T-Shirts Design Tips