Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error with Easy Troubleshooting Steps
You are working on QuickBooks and an error pops up from nowhere, hindering the smooth flow of your work? Don’t worry, we have got you covered. QuickBooks users face errors and difficulties from time to time. While some errors seem to have specific solutions, others might not be that easily fixed. QuickBooks unrecoverable error causes trouble for the users and it can become difficult for them to troubleshoot such errors. In this article, we are going to discuss some general steps to help you resolve the unrecoverable error in QuickBooks easily.
If you are unable to perform troubleshooting or need some help with the same, you can get in touch with our technical assistance team at +1 800-579-9430.
When does the QuickBooks Desktop Unrecoverable Error Occur?
The QuickBooks Unrecoverable error can occur while –
- Opening or closing a company file.
- Creating a company file or a portable file.
- Opening any window or closing an open window.
- Downloading a payroll update or sending payroll via Direct Deposit.
- Backing up data or running the verify or rebuild feature.
General Troubleshooting Steps
Here are some general solutions for the unrecoverable error in QuickBooks –
Solution 1: Identifying the affected users
Use a different login credential to open the same company file. If there is an error in a specific user that means the user credential is damaged.
- Go to the Company menu > Set Up Users and Passwords > Set Up Users.
- Type the username and password in the Add User section. Click on Next.
- Customize the user and select Finish.
- Log out and then log in with the new login details.
If the admin user is damaged, use the QuickBooks File Doctor.
Solution 2: Suppressing your QuickBooks Desktop
- While starting QuickBooks, suppress the Desktop by pressing the Ctrl key and double-clicking on the QuickBooks program icon. Then hold the Ctrl key till the No Company Open window shows up.
- While opening a company file, the steps to suppress the Desktop are as follows –
- From the No Company Open window, select your desired file. Hold the Alt key and select Open.
- Release the Alt key if you are asked to enter your login details. Then select OK.
- Do not release the Alt key until file is completely open.
Solution 3: Opening a Sample Company File
It helps in identifying whether the problem is with QuickBooks or the company file.
- Select Open a Sample File, from the No Company Open window. Select a sample file from the list.
- Now copy the company file to a different location. If you get the same error, then your company file or QuickBooks installation might be damaged.
Solution 4: Running the Quick Fix my Program
Go to the QuickBooks Tool hub and run the Quick Fix my Program to run a quick repair on your program.
Solution 5: Repairing QuickBooks Desktop
Try repairing QuickBooks Desktop by using the Clean Install Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Solution 6: Creating a New Windows Admin
Try creating a new Windows administrator by following the given steps –
For Windows 10 –
- Go to the Start menu, choose Settings > Accounts > Family & Other Users > Add someone else to this PC.
- Then select I don’t have this person’s sign-in info > Add a User without a Microsoft account.
- Add a name and select Finish. Now select the new account, go to Account Type > Administrator > OK.
For Windows 7 and 8 –
- Press Windows + R and type Control Panel on the run window.
- Select User Accounts > Manage another account > Create a new account.
- Click on Create Account after selecting the Administrator.
For other Windows versions, refer to their separate steps.
The above steps will help you fix QuickBooks unrecoverable error and if the error persists, you can reach out to us at +1 800-579-9430 for technical assistance.